Chronic pain statistics in the U.S.
- Pain affects more people in the U.S. than diabetes, heart disease, and cancer combined
- 126 million, or 55% of all adults, experienced pain in the previous three months
- 4 million U.S. adults report "a lot of pain"
- 3 million U.S. adults suffer from daily pain
- Various reports list that over 50 million, but up to 100 million, U.S. adults have chronic pain conditions, an estimate that does not include acute pain conditions or children in pain
- More than one-quarter of adults (26%) age 20 years and over - or, an estimated 76.5 million people - report that they have had a problem with pain of any sort that persisted for more than 24 hours in duration
- Of those in pain, 27% suffer from lower back pain, 15% from severe headache or migraine pain, and 15% from neck pain
Statistics on prescription opioids
The following statistics pertain to the prescription pain pill epidemic:
- 20,404 people died from prescription opioid overdose in 2015
- 2 million people had a substance abuse disorder involving prescription opioids
- Overdose rates quadrupled between 1999 and 2008
- Opioid abuse is tied to overdose deaths, burglary of pharmacies, and increased crime nationally
- Prescription drugs are the second-most abused category of drugs in the United States, following marijuana
Prescription pain pills should never be the front-line treatment for chronic pain. By their very nature, they can help with acute cases of pain-like a fracture or post-surgery. But, they don't work for many patients on a long-term basis. And since these medications often don't work and can lead to issues of abuse and misuse, we recommend that many patients don't start with these.
Life Style Changes are Encouraged.
Addiction and CBD
Let your doctor know. Consult with them. they want and need to know how it works for you and address any contraindications as they review your medical chart and history.
Types of pain
Overall, some of the ailments which can be treated with CBD include:
- Muscle spasms
- Muscle soreness, sprains, and joint injuries.
- Nerve pain
- Quick healing of cuts, scrapes, bruises, cuts, and wounds.
Everyone is different and our bodies respond differently based on our Endocannabinoid System.
Pain management with CBD is best with an integrative, multidisciplinary approach and knowing what you're taking and dosing appropriately. We can help you with our CBD consultants on board. We have 2 CBD nurse consultants and a CBD therapist who can help manage the pain.
CBD May not be for everybody.
At Insight Wellness Center we only have pure, full spectrum and third-party tested.
There are skeptics, as there should be, and the research is vast but growing steadily as we speak as people who use CBD do report relief at different levels.
The FDA has not approved these CBD statements and there's further research on Hemp CBD needed. We educate based on research and empirical experiences. We encourage everyone to Stay informed .